scathatch's blog

Why NYC sucks:

So, a few weeks ago I went to NYC for the holidays.
I was hoping to get some matches there, since lots of guys from New York see my profile and challenged me.
But I guess nothing is what it looks like; when I told some of them I was in NYC, they started making excuses or telling me "let's better not".
Too bad this website is full of fake guys.
To conclude, I ask you from the bottom of my soul NOT to challenge me if you don't really have the guts to meet and fight in real life.

Last edited on 1/10/2017 8:33 PM by scathatch

Slim66 (7 bronze) 1/11/2017 3:51 AM

I agree. If you do not have the testivles to follow through, then do not make the challenge.

jgrappler (43 platinum) 1/11/2017 10:25 AM

I have had similar experiences in the USA, Canada and U.K. so unfortunately there are time wasters and fantasists everywhere. You make the effort and contact guys in the cities you are visiting (well ahead of time) and suggest having that match you have frequently discussed. Then the excuses come rolling in. You wonder if statistically is it even possible for EVERYONE to be on holiday that week? Or is 12 miles really too far for them to travel in a day?

Then when you get home you hear back from the ones you noticed had read your original message the minute it was sent, and who seem to be on here 24/7. And they are saying "oh man, sorry I just got your message, too bad I missed you. Next time?". Yeah, right.

Sometimes these are guys with a bunch of past opponents or recommendations, so sorting the wheat from the chaff really isn't straightforward i guess. You just gotta live'n'learn.

tonyfigur (1 bronze) 1/11/2017 7:02 PM

My experience in NYC was quite different. I just spent a week there and quickly found a fight, a long, brutal, grueling fight, one of the best experiences of my life. I am anxious to return to NYC for the rematch.

scathatch (2) 1/12/2017 6:19 AM

Well, good for you. Lots of guys texted me saying they went through the same that happened to me. You could be one in a million.

Dav8 (28) 1/12/2017 9:36 PM

Timing is everything. You said you were in NY during the Holidays.Matches become harder to set up then. More family demands and work issues Look up NYC wrestlefest in Feb 2017. The are about 100 guys involved or more There are details on this site. Good luck. What a difference 60 days make.You are cute. By the way there are 19 million people in the Tri-state area.

Your Profile