Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

World Gay Games 2018 Paris - Who is going?

BJJWrestlerLasVegas (12)

5/19/2017 12:17 PM

I would like to go but it is completely not affordable for me at this time. Even the big UBJJF World Master's here in Las Vegas in late August every year wants an incredible $104 with advance registration, more if you register later.Simply unbelievable!

Translate

musclejudo (27)

5/06/2017 11:47 PM

on their website they name it: Judo-Jujitsu: Mat Fights (ne waza) - the newaza, ground judo.. the rulez re pretty similiar 2 the bjj - both u start standing... and u can win by points or chokes , key techs... i train at a dojo and take part in international competitions - so its no big challenge 4 an experienced bjjler 2 take part at newaza competitions where i do always well cause judokas even higher belts are not good on the ground - definelty would be cool if they would offer clearly BJJ as a discipline - that is much more popular than newaza

Translate

FightingCologne (43)

5/22/2016 9:14 PM

"List of events included in the registration:

Martial Arts multi-style forms (kata hyuing,..) empty hands forms with weapons, musical forms empty hands (black belt only) Forms per team (3 people), Self-Defense, Jujitsu Combat.

Judo battle floor (no waza), standard Judo Competition (nage waza)Martial Arts & Judo Jujitsu: Form to two individuals in continuous motion and interaction – empty hands and form two people in continuous motion and interaction – with weapons

Boxing: foot-fist multi-style boxing (NB boxing fists only is not offered in competition)."

It's not really BJJ but JJ (with striking), isn't it?!

Translate

FitScot (38)

5/23/2016 6:26 AM

(In reply to this)

There was a list of martial arts and BJJ was listed! So there would not be a jiu-jitsu specific heat?

Translate

FightingCologne (43)

5/23/2016 8:00 AM

(In reply to this)

I think they do not have a real concept yet.
They listed "boxing", too. And then...just take a look at the description: "foot-fist multi-style boxing" ... Though the definition of boxing to me is quite necessarily "fists only".

Translate

RogueWarrior (5)

5/23/2016 1:28 PM

(In reply to this)

I think they are talking about Savate, the French form of boxing. But I agree with you I don't think they have real concept yet of what they will be doing.

Translate

FitScot (38)

5/23/2016 9:29 AM

(In reply to this)

am going to email them to check - I am presuming if jiu-jitsu is listed amongst the other martial arts, then there would be a category.

Translate

FitScot (38)

5/21/2016 10:41 AM

So I see there's jiu-jitsu listed in the Martial Arts division. Had a good few months of learning, little bits are beginning to sink in here and there. Still get completely wiped by blue belts, but drilling and working.

I think I'm going to have to put an entry in for this - its the type of thing that if I don't do, I'll be kicking myself for not doing. There will be a seniors division which is good. By the time the games come round, I will have been learning and doing jiu-jitsu for nigh-on 3 years...

Fuck it. Lets do this.

Translate
Please log in if you wish to post a topic here.