Tracker

[events] Confirming who attended an event - Change the button to indicate if they attended.

Open

As an event organizer I often try to indicate who has attended them.

To be honest I didn't think I would use this feature at first but I have tried and can see how useful it could be.

The problem I find with it is that when you click the button to indcate someone has attended, the page refreshes but there are no visible changes to the buttons so I am not always sure if I have added someone. It would be really useful if, on the refresh, the button changed to indicate the person had attended rather than still asking to confirm it again.

I don't usually indicate who has not attended but wondered if this would be useful to others.

I would appreciate comments and feedback on this issue please.

Thanks again for all the hard work put into running this great site.

Last edited on 9/14/2013 11:32 AM by Admin

Admin 9/02/2013 9:37 AM

This is an interesting proposal. Let's wait for some feedback from other event organizers.

ozwrestle (41) 11/15/2013 11:12 PM

I believe this is a great idea..

ikf (28 support) 11/30/2013 12:35 PM

I too was confused when the site asked me to confirm which members did and did not attend, but when I clicked on the buttons, nothing visible seemed to happen (other than a page reload).

then later I saw messages/comments were added to the event for members who were in the "I will attend" group but I clicked on "did not attend" for them, while nothing appeared for any other combination. the buttons also did not change.

also, do these attends/not-attends count somewhere else than on the event's page?

YORKIE (37 platinum) 1/12/2014 1:17 AM

Sounds very worthwhile - event organisation, providing both social contact and also the chance to wrestle old friends and new is a key part of Meetfighters - we should give those who take the trouble to organise events all the support we can. It sounds a useful addition and alteration to me if it's possible.

Simon

Vanman (61 ) 8/02/2016 1:37 AM

I don't organise events so couldn't use it, but would love it if it prevented people showing events on their profile if they didn't attend.

For example I have events showing on mine where I had clicked on uncertain or not attending. It can give a false impression of a persons activity level.

hulk fan (29 bronze) 11 days ago

I would like to have an option of button who has really attended the event. I have organized one event and some people who put themselves on a list, didn't attend it. In the same time if you check their profiles you see like they would have attended it, which is not true. To have a possibility (as organizer) of confirming who attended the event would be a great option in order to provide correct information. That might be very helpfull.

Your Profile